How often do you actually sit and play with your children?

I have 2 boys ages 2 and 4 and sometimesq I just cannot find the motivation to want to play the things that they are interested in. I try to sit down and play a few times a day and we go on lots of outings/ playdates, we also do lots of projects. But my four year old wants me to "play" all day!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i play alot. my kids are very demanding of my time, but thats okay. i know they wont be little forever, and before i know it they will be 13 and 16 and too busy for mom anymore.i cherish all my playtime with them.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My girls love for me to get down and play with them, I try and do it as much as possible. I could not give you amounts of time because it is through out the day.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 5:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• you are not alone. sometimes its hard to play with your children all the time. I often feel guilty that i have to force myself to "play" at least an hour a day. its hard because there is so much to do in my day and when the kids are playing you just want to relax a minute, its something i struggle with and really want to improve on!!!
    Anonymous

• I spend a good portion of the day playing with my kids, weather on the floor, or doing crafts, or playing outside. Cant' say its something I am motivated to do, but I am a sham and it is my job to direct their day and nurture their minds and body, so playing with them is part of what I need to do.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 7:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I will sit and play barbie/bratz for a bit, couldn't tell ya how long tho... I do try to find things to do together w/her but w/her in school and not getting home till 4pm then dinner at 5 going it's hard. i try to get her to help me lol so she'll learn and we can be together..

We mostly do stuff together after dinner or on weekends unless it's a holiday lol then we got the whole day to play...

starlight1968

Answer by starlight1968 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I usually read to them once a day, and try to sit and play at least once a day, too. And the moment I sit down, they play "mommy jungle gym", lol. My boys are 1.5, and almost 4.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:31 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Almost every day, but sometimes I am too tired or I hurt. On those days, I try to find something quiet we can do together or I just watch him and play a little with him. Now that he's almost 4, he's a lot better about being able to play by himself with only minimal interaction. Sometimes, though, he just needs more, so I do what I can. Other days, it's non-stop playing with him. I think we hit a good balance overall.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 30, 2009