When did being a democrat or a republican take the loyalty of being a blood or a crip?

I don't get the ride or die mentality of political affiliation. I agree with what I agree with and I disagree with what I disagree with no matter the politics.

nateandlo

Asked by nateandlo at 4:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What's a crip?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I was refering to the west coast gangs Bloods and Crips (excuse if I spelled it wrong).
    nateandlo

Answer by nateandlo at 5:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Oh, I'm on the east coast, I've heard of the bloods. I tend to vote Republican, but I like the Libertarian views on some things. I personally think we should fire all of DC and start again regardless of party. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• You'll have to forgive those of us who are unfamiliar with west coast terminology. I didn't know what you were talking about either.

Loyalty can be strong where beliefs are in common. I believe the majority of what the Republicans believe, and so I consider myself a Republican. Doesn't mean I don't listen to other viewpoints, but I agree mostly with Republicans. I violently disagree with some of the Democrats, but I can be mature enough to listen to them also. That's just me...
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I don't know OP and I'm the same as you..I agree with certain things on both side therefore i'm not one or the other.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 5:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• No, I'm originally from the east coast also so I wasn't sure if I was phrasing or spelling it wrong. I am pretty much in the middle myself but have seen the lengths of some peoples committment. Pretty funny not understandable.
    nateandlo

Answer by nateandlo at 5:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I'm an independant, no party loyalty here. Sometimes the Republicans have a better plan on the issues that are important to me, sometimes the Democrates have a better plan.

I do lean heavily to the left so more often than not I vote Democrat but not out of party loyalty.
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• It's not that I am party loyal. I have voted Democrat in the past. The past election even, not on the national level though.

I just think the current "crop" of Dems have lost their minds and seem intent upon us losing our countrry.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Shoot 'em up! Bang Bang! I voted for Obama cause I'm black yo!!

Word.

LOL!!!
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 6:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Bloods and Crips are on all coasts, they just started on the West coast.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 6:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2009