i am one week late but pregnancy test is negative

msjerrica

Asked by msjerrica at 4:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• stress , not enough HcG in your body yet .
    all i can say is either wait a few more days and test again or go to the dr
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Just because you are late doesn't always necessarily mean your pregnant. It could be your hormones, stress and maybe some other female problems. Or you just maybe late. There are pregnancy tests out there that can tell whether or not your late 5days before your period suppose to start. Test again in 3 days and if its still negative and your period hasn't yet came on I would say go to the doctor.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 5:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Hell, I am 10 days late, but I'm not pregnant. Things can alter when you get your period. Stress, being sick or taking medication can affect it. Same with starting an exercise regiment and healthy eating. Or, you could just be testing too early and you are pregnant. Wait at least 48 hours and then test again. If it's negative then you may want to speak with your doctor. That's what I did. Blood test shows I am NOT pregnant. But, I did just stop taking my birth control last month and sometimes it can take a little while to get back to normal. Have you recently started or stopped the pill?? Just some things to consider. Take care.
    Anonymous

• oh yea anon 5:33 birth control can knock you out of whack also. I just stopped taking mine and its frustrating the hell outta of me. My SO noticed my period was late last month and was so excited because he thought I was pregnant. Had to tell him I can't get pregnant anytime soon until the sh%$ get out of my system.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 5:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• OP, I hope this helps...because I am having the same problem and these folks on here have VERY different answers than CafeMom.

Read the other mom's experiences. They are different from what the doctors told them. So don't give up.

Good luck!!!

http://www.babycenter.com/404_three-pregnancy-tests-say-no-but-my-periods-more-than-two-we_7106.bc?pageSize=10&startIndex=30&questionId=7106
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 6:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2009