how should i explain to my 7 year old son why his pee-pee gets erect in the morning

SASSIANGEL616

Asked by SASSIANGEL616 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Dont know if you are religious. But I just say "God made it that way" He accepts that answer. lol

I try not to act surprised or embarrassed, just normal.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• You can always go the scientific route and just put it in too kids terms, Tell him that it's cause by the blood flow in his body (I'd google it first to find out the full reasons) and let him know it's normal nothing to be embarassed by at all.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 5:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Google the actual medical reason, translate it into kid terms, remembering that he is 7, not two, and IMO, he is ready to call it what it is: a PENIS. The term pee pee is best left behind with potty training IMO.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 5:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Just make it plain and simple that is normal for it to do that when his peepee is ready to go peepee it does this. Tell him alot of boys go through this. We still call my son's a private or a peepee I don't like the word Penis for him yet even though he knows what it is. Whatever is comfortable for you both of you to use as a name. He will soon grow out of it and call it his own name. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• "Because when you get up first thing in the morning, you need to go to the bathroom and pee. When you do, your penis will no longer be erect."
    Anonymous

• I would make sure that he knew this was normal and Daddy's does the same thing, But I had to chuckle because when I read your question I thought if my boys would have asked me this question I would have told them that "Their PeePee was waking up too"! Smile!
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 7:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• tell him it's normal.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2009