how is this fair?

I pay full price rent in my apartment but section 8 people here get it soooo much cheaper!!! WTF

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This pisses me off! I don't get why people like us have to work hard to pay all our bills and have nothing to show for it but some people sit on their asses and get a bunch of help. Section 8 and other services should be for people who truly need help not for people who can work but chose not to do anything but have kids and sit on the couch smoke pot. There should be a law stopping these people from having kids when we (the tax payers) are paying for them. My husband and I work really hard to be able to pay all our bills and take care of our children. Some months we really need some help with food or what ever and we can't get help because we work and pay our bills. It doesn't make much since to me.

Anonymous

• its the system the help who they think are more deserving . its stupid .
    Anonymous

• I don't get why people think someone who is on section 8 just sits on their a**. You don't have to have kids to be on section 8 either and you can be young or old. Some people fall on hard times or just don't make enough and they qualify for it. Yes some people abuse the system but it's not fair to be angry and place blame on those who use it without abusing it. People like you make me sick because you are so judgemental and don't know how to keep your nose in YOUR own business. Whatever happened to people just getting along without judging?

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i am sorry, that does suck, keep good credit and buy a house, the market is in your favor, i have seen them go for like 35,000, that is about 300 per month!! amazingly cheap! look into it.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 5:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• People like you make me sick because you are so judgemental and don't know how to keep your nose in YOUR own business. Whatever happened to people just getting along without judging?

talk about judging . practice what you preach
    Anonymous

• um- sorry but i feel that i would rather have to pay for some one and their family to live in a decent apartment because they fell on hard times then to see helpless kids grow up on the street! and if u think thats such a burden then u should be ashamed of urself! how heartless are u! my goodness- dont u think that God would want u to help people in need? or are u one of those people who think donating 50 cents to the salvationa army santa around christmas time is help enough? Just because people have fallen on hard times and need help paying bills doesnt mean that they are lazy bums that are just looking for a free ride- some of them could have been working in banks or offices or maybe even a hard working janitor or construction worker who lost their jobs and tried to make do with wut they had but ended up falling short- then their are disabled people who cant work and are living from check to check with ssi and need the help
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• christine0813 I was not talking about people who fall on hard times. I said it is a good thing for people who need it. I just know so many people who don't but get it anyway. When people like me and my husband work really hard and are still having a hard time paying our bills but we do not qualify for help. I am sorry if I upset you and I will say again I was not talking about the people who do need the help I was talking about the people who abuse it.

Anonymous

• so next time u decide to start ranting about wuts fair- try and put urself in their shoes! and then thank God u have enough money to pay ur own rent!!!!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I too am sick of people passing judgment on people who are getting assistance. Why do people think because they get assistance they sit on their tail all day. Has it ever occurred that people NEED assistance? When these jobs pay a single mom to have a car, daycare, afford food, household items and can pay all utiities then I will have an issue but they dont pay enough to make it without assistance. If they did they wouldnt be on it. Not to mention some of the dads arent helping. The point is if you work and pay your bills fine and dandy so can they if they had child care, a car for transportation and all of that.Assistance is not for people who work, they have a paycheck coming in.
    Anonymous

• We are on Section 8 and we don't SIT OUR ON ASSES! My husband got laid off a few months ago and this would be the reason why we are on it. My husband has a job, but he is only going through un-paid training currently. So we are still on it. I have my own photography business and I am trying to keep that going but its hard when no one is buying bec`ause they are in the crapper just like you. Btw, just for the record. We don't do drugs and we don't drink either.
    Anonymous