How to make a giraffe birthday cake ?

My daughter's favorite toy is a giraffe whos feet are teethers. My mom and I were thinking about what to make her cake and thought that would be a fun idea ... however we have NO idea how we would go about that ... Any ideas ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• well since it seems like your just starting out on making your own cake, i would suggest starting small and bake your sheet of cake, put on your favorite frosting, and then use vanilla frosting and food coloring to make/pipe on your giraffe on the cake, the best way i have done it (when making cartoon cakes) is to look on the internet for pics of what visual giraffe you want to use and print it off.

you then just figure out all the colors you need using that copy and if your good at copying, then make it on the cake on top of your favorite frosting.

you can use toys around the house to decorate it more if you like.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2009