What would you wear for a second wedding ?

Some say for a second marriage you can't wear white.
Some say you can wear what ever you want .
Some say you can't wear a veil .
What is you opinion on the subject ?

momofalicia

Asked by momofalicia at 5:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it's acceptable to wear what YOU want.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Same here
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 5:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My sister wore a while gown with blue ribbon so it wouldn't be completely white. I wore a white overwrap with a blue shirt over it.

Wear whatever you want. I've even heard of women wearing black!
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Wear what you want but if it is a second wedding, it should be a small private affair.
    Anonymous

• If you pm me, I'll be happy to show you one of my wedding pics.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I would wear a shroud,because if I had to get married again,it would be a death sentance ,lol.Good Luck,I would just wear something nice.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Wear whatever you want. I did not want a traditional wedding gown or veil for my first and only wedding. I wore a renaissance gown that had a black bodice and a green a-line bottom. Everyone told me that I HAD to wear white. I didn't want to so I didn't. Wear what makes you feel pretty and fits in with the theme of your day.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 6:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I know times are changing and it's getting popular to just "wear what you want", but I'm a little more traditional. I would not wear white or ivory for a 2nd wedding, personally. I would stick to a pastel color or a nice beige- maybe a blazer and matching skirt with a pretty blouse. Just me, though. :)
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I believe that you can and should wear whatever it is you want to wear. Regardless of it being a second marriage, marriage is pure and a blessing so if you want to wear traditional wedding attire, do so If you want to wear a veil, do it If you chose another look, go for it. This is your day so don't try to please other people. Six months from the wedding none of your guests will give a second thought to what you wore, but you'll remember that day the rest of your life!
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 7:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I wore a white wedding gown with a veil over my face.
    i dont care who says what or what is "in". I dont what I wanted to do, not what everybody else expected me to do.
    jessiesluv

Answer by jessiesluv at 7:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2009