swelling

I wanted to start my labor and my cousin told me that walking would start the process but walking along time like for hours, no runing or over doing it just walking so I took her advice and decided to do something to benifit me and my little sister so Friday I took my little 3 year old sister to the zoo and omg we walked around for hours she had fun and it was exciting for her but I was so exhausted my feet hurt so bad when I got home. Later that night I woke up to go to the rest room I couldnt barely walk and my hands were swollen and so were my feet. Now I am sitting here with my fingers twice the size they usually are and my feet proped up on are swollen also.. I am 37 weeks and I have never had swollen feet or hands through my whole pregnancy until now. Was this something I shouldnt have done or what how do I make the swelling go down its been almost two days.

pregnproud88

Asked by pregnproud88 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• walking is fine i know when i walk alot my feet look like softballs . but if your hands are swelling up that bad you need to tell your dr . that sometimes is a sign of preeclampsia .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i can understand your feet swelling but like mrs owen86 said i think you should call your doctor about your hands
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2009