MY 10 YEAR OLD LITTLE SISTER STARTED HER PERIOD IN FEBRUARY AND HASNT GOTTEN IT SINCE COUULD THERE BE SOMETHING MEDICALLY WRONG WITH HER OR IS IT NORMAL?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Started to bleed the day after my 13th bday didn't bleed again until about 7 months later and then every month from then. It just her body, I doubt anything is wrong with her.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Sorry I meant to put I started to
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• its normal it can take up to a year to regulate if she has lots of pain or heavy bleeding i woudl call the doc but it may come and go for up to 12 months before its normal and im 27 and my period still isnt all that regular i get 12 a year but there not every 4 weeks at alll
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 5:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• It is normal. However, if you feel really concerned about something, or if she is complaining of really bad pain then you should suggest going to the gynecologist.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Sounds like it is normal, it takes a while for a teen/preteen to become regular.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Ah, bless her, I have 5 daughters,all of them did the same thing,have a period,period disappears,I would contact her DR. just to let her know she has started her period.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• girls are starting so young these days i never started until i was 13!
    gosh i fear for my two daughterswhen they get older lol mostly my husband having to live with 3 pms girls yikessssss lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I was 11 when mine started.
    paralegal09

Answer by paralegal09 at 7:53 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• it took close to two years for my daughter's period to regulate and now some months it's still messed up.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My SD got her first one at 10 ...didn't get another till 11 1/2 ....the doctor said it was normal!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Mar. 30, 2009