First time flying?

This is the first time i ever flew with my three month old son. I am a little scared being that the doctor told me to make sure my son sucks on a pacifier or drinks a bottle of water while landing and going up. what do i do if he isnt hungry or wants either one. i no i should be worried but i dont want any thing to happen if you can give me any ideas please do.

zanadanabana

Asked by zanadanabana at 6:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Travel

• Do not worry, my little really did not need to suck on anything when the flight went up and down, he was two buisness looking around, babies know when they are in a different area, just try the pacifier if he gets fussy. You 2 will be fine. Make sure you take everything you need, take the stroller to the gate, you can do that, I did.
    Blesstravelmom

Answer by Blesstravelmom at 9:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Do not be scared you will be fine. I usually fly with my three little ones and have since they are newborns, none of them have had any trouble with their ears. I always encouraged either bfing, a pacifier or bottle when we are taking off and landing but I do not force it on them if they are not interested. The best advice i could give is not to stress and to make sure that you come prepared. Yours is so little and it is the best time to fly with them. I always put mine in a snuggli and wore them and then put everything that i needed in a backpack on my back. As I had more little ones that is when I started using a stroller which can also be your bestfriend so whatever you would find most comfortable. At that age they really do not need anything for entertainment except for you, so just think of it as some great one on one time. Good luck and you will be fine!
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:59 AM on Mar. 30, 2009