Can anyone help me out by answering some simple opinion questions about the arts for my research paper?

I am writing a research paper arguing that there should be more funding for the arts (art, music, drama, etc...) in schools and I need an interview. I can only use your answers though if you include your name and "authority." Like what title relates to the topic (parent, teacher, student, etc...). If you don't want your name public, you can pm it to me. And you can answer even if you don't think there should be more funding, I need both sides in my paper. Any other opinions are welcome too!

How important do you feel the arts programs in schools are?

Does your local school offer arts programs?

How do you think children would be affected if there were no arts programs?

How do you think children would be affected if there were more arts programs?

Do you feel like things learned in arts programs are helpful in other aspects of life?

sweetCorynn08

Asked by sweetCorynn08 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• Q: How important do you feel the arts programs in schools are?
    A: I think they are very important for many reasons. Culture is a huge reason. It is through the arts that culture is created and molded, which forms our societies.
    Q: Does your local school offer arts programs?
    A: Most do
    Q: How do you think children would be affected if there were no arts programs?
    A: Greatly. The loss of music and they history behind it leads to philosiphy, math, and much more. All the arts are intertwined in what we know as present day life and history. Furthernore, Somew types of music can calm mental disorders, such as anxiety.
    Q: How do you think children would be affected if there were more arts programs?
    A: It might give them something to do other than get into trouble... gangs and such. It would lift their self esteme.
    Q: Do you feel like things learned in arts programs are helpful in other aspects of life?
    A: Yes.
    CandiCane76

Answer by CandiCane76 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• How important do you feel the arts programs in schools are?
    Art in the schools should be very important. Equal to sports. Helps to develop well round children
    Some however not enough
    Less creativity. With out creativity where would we be
    We will lose the ability to create not just art but in every area.
    Do you feel like things learned in arts programs are helpful in other aspects of life
    It teach children to use the other side of the brain. Through giving them the ability to see things from a different point of view. It is very important.
    lmaywild1

Answer by lmaywild1 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2009