Brand name vs. Store brand

Do you buy brand name or store brand when you buy groceries or is it a little of both?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Shopping

• little of both
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Little of both I'm always trying to save money.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Both. Recently I decided to give the Walmart brand of Slimfast Shakes a try. They ARE NOT the same. Which is surprising, because, honestly that is the first thing I can ever say that was different. Usually everything else is just as good.
    Anonymous

• I buy both. One thing I don't buy the store brand of is peanut butter. We like Jif. I try things all the time.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• All you are paying for is the name itself. The ingredients are about the same. For example, look at the medicine, what does it say in the top right hand corner of a cough and cold box {compare to tylenol}..they have the same ingredients.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 6:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I buy both. But, there are somethings that I will not buy generics of.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 7:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Mostly store brand. I shop at Aldi for most things and there's only one brand there. There is no generic for Oreos though....nothing beat those.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 9:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• For food its mostly brand name, except for things like cereals, oatmeal, or frozen vegetables. For household goods, mostly store brand.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Typically purcase name brands. Feel that the quality is better in general. Paper towels and t.p. seem thicker and canned fruiit is firmer and a better quality, larger pieces with less bruising. ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    pattecake

Answer by pattecake at 4:55 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I'm a believer in you get what you pay for. Name brand for me.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:31 AM on Mar. 30, 2009