Is it selfish to want to be happy?

I want to be happy no matter I have to give up

Bella198069

Asked by Bella198069 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Depends on what it is you're giving up... nothing could ever make me give my kids up, and I'm hanging on to my pride and I'm not walking all over someone else to get what I want (like leaving him for someone else).
    But to be happy is everyone's dream and goals, so... I wish you luck with it :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• No it's not selfish but I agree with lisa_ann_p.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Sure, doesn't all of humanity want to be happy? And isn't that the core of every wicked, selfish deed done? People do just what you have admitted, they rob others for their own gratification and destroy countless innocent parties of what was their due in life so they can "feel" happy. Whatever happened to being proud of sacrificing for others no matter what it costs you????????
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 6:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Is it being happy or being content that is a good goal? If you are content with your choices, then even though you aren't dancing through life with a song on your lips and a laugh, but if you can smile serenely and feel love and gratitude, then this is a good thing. If being happy means stepping on others or treating them as objects instead of human beings, if it means doing things that make you feel guilty and that you know are wrong, then this kind of happiness is false and against what we should be doing towards the betterment of humankind.

Answer by Bmat at 7:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• All I have to say is make sure whatever you are giving up it's worth it. Because you can never get it back.....
    susan04031993

Answer by susan04031993 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2009