Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I take him to see the doc?

My son's nose is irritated and bleeding. He's been struggling with allergies lately, but he acts like he feels fine. My husband is freaking out over the nose bleeds and wants me to take him to the doctor. I don't think there is anything the doc can or will do for him. What do you ladies think? Should I take him? What should I be doing for his little nose? He's almost 3 btw. Thanks in advance!


Asked by Philyra at 6:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Health

Level 6 (134 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • My daughter gets nosebleeds in the winter. Dry air inside and out dries out her nasal passage. We use a cool mist humidifier in her room and also put aquaphor or vaseline up her nose with a Q-tip. Sounds gross but it really works to keep the delicate skin and membranes moist.


    Answer by Madge1428 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

  • My son (18) also has allergies. Seasonal, esp. in spring and fall when he is outside. He had horrible nosebleeds. i begain taking some new supplements and thought let's give him a try. One month on the product, no more sneezing and no more nose bleeds. it was unbelievalbe! message me if you want more info.

    Answer by jmcan at 6:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

  • I say do what you think is right. Nobody here can give you a right or wrong answer. If its something that doesnt happen at all, I would take him in.

    Answer by prettymommyap07 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

  • Use a sterile saline nasal mist - Little Noses

    a humidafier is also good for moisture.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

  • You could just call the dr in the morning and talk to the nurse. My kids go to Gadsden Pediatrics, and sometimes you can just talk to the lady who answers the phone or you could just ask to speak to your kiddo's nurse. She could tell you if you need to come in or not. It could at least ease hubby's mind. LoL

    Answer by DeannaR4 at 7:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

  • A child's nasal mist that keeps the passages moist makes sense to me. But the first time there is a symptom you should have it checked to confirm what you think it is. The doctor will then give you suggestions for treatment.

    Answer by Bmat at 7:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

  • I don't think he needs to go to a doctor. Try using a Q-tip with a little Vaseline on it and wipe in his nose. It keep the nose from drying. I have done this with my son and myself. It really helps. A vaporizer when he is sleeping should help to. Also, if he does, keep his little fingers out of his nose, that can cause the nose to bleed too.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2009