What was yours??

Ok so everyone knows people usually loose their common sense around prgnant women. By saying things like "wow are you sure you only have one in there?" (Thanks I already feel huge!) Or random strangers giving you advice. The thing I hated the most was complete strangers rubbing my belly. I'd get so mad. That is MY space. So I don't know what came over me one day but a woman at the store just came over and started rubbing my belly talking to me. Without thinking I reached out and started rubbing her boobs. When she jumped back and demanded to know what I was doing I simply replied "O I'm sorry I thought that's how people said hello now. You touched and rubbed me so I responded" After that I did it to EVERY stranger who rubbed my belly.
So my question is: What was/is your number 1 pet peeve from other people and what did you do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This was it: thank you! And a high-five to you for returning the favor! I hated random folks touching me/my baby, too. I actually got into an argument with my friend's cousin (who was no friend of mine) because I insisted that she ask BEFORE touching me. I used the boob example, and she got LOUD with me saying: "Rubbing on your belly is for good luck. I've never met anyone who didn't want good luck before." I told her to get me a Hallmark card to wish us good luck but to keep her grimy paws to herself...
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 6:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• lol that is funyn i may have to use that one .
    i hate it when people stare at pregnant women i feel like im advertising mcdonalds or something . i usually yell at people that is all i can think to do .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I found it really irritating when I would haul my huge belly into Wendy's and people would give me that look like "Do you really need to be eating fast food at your weight?". Um, duh.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• lol... I get irritated when people walk up to me at my job (cashier) and ask why I'm still working or why I don't have a chair to sit on. I'm 8 mos. I get it, I'm huge... seriously tho... do you think I would be there if I didn't need to be? and why would I sit down at work? it wouldn't be work if I was just chillin there.

I also really get mad when people touch my belly w/o bothering to even ask. I finally started slapping hands, like you would a child grabbing something you told them not to. lol. Older ladies don't like that much.
    emmetsmom09

Answer by emmetsmom09 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• When are you due? When are you due? I felt like writing it acrossed my forehead!
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 6:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Always getting touch like I'm a walking talking genies lamp or something and they will get a wish. Then after they were done violating my stomach I usually got the whole, new mommy speech and direction on how parents no days are so wrong. This is my third and I still get that and it makes me want to go homicidal half the time.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Yeah, I hated that too...but for me it had to be the "When are you do?" question.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 7:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• ahhh yes, the rub budda for luck... an old tradition! But the last time I looked Budda was a bald fat MAN... not a pregnant woman! If my description is off please let me know.... been a while since I seen a pic of Budda. My biggest issue was everyone moved out of the way as if I was an elephant or insisting I shouldn't do things, but if i asked for help it was... "you need to keep moving it will help your labor" So if it was convient to them, I got help, it if wasn't i got it was good exersise or wait until your hubby got home - who was gone 12-16 hours a day working - so he said. (we aren't married anymore but both of us are remariied....lol )
    CandiCane76

Answer by CandiCane76 at 7:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• The worst was when a guy I knew from an old job saw me and asked if I'd had my baby yet-about a year after I'd had him! I had already lost the weight and everything. I don't know if his math was really bad or if he just couldn't think of anything else to say (I would have preferred nothing to that!).
    AngieG.

Answer by AngieG. at 7:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Wow! Good for you for being so proactive about it! LOL! That's so funny. I don't get how women who have been pregnant before can seem to not know that that's obnoxious!

I got pretty annoyed about a lot of things in those last few months but certain comments made my blood boil. Like someone would ask how I was doing and I would say that I was just tired (I had a horrible rash called PUPPPS which basically acts like poison ivy but doesn't go away so I wasn't sleeping AT ALL) and they would always say "Oh just wait!" Like that was clever and new or something. I felt like saying "GEE WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!? IT'S GOING TO BE HARD TO SLEEP WITH A NEW BABY IN THE HOUSE??? YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!??!? I'VE NEVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING!!!"
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2009