Am I the only one who does/is going to do this?

I hate the cartoons and movies that are put out for children these days. I still have all of my old Disney VHS tapes and I plan on my children watching those. I don't plan on introducing my children to any of this new crap like Hannah Montana, Cars, that stupid twin boys in the hotel show, or any of this new age crap. I believe it effects children in a negative manner. Kids on those shows are brats, etc. Am I the only mom/mom to be that feels this way?

Another thing I'm concerned with is finding toys for those old movies! Haha.

twocutetwins09

Asked by twocutetwins09 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree with the watching of old Disney movies. I collect the old movies for my daughter to watch. But the new Disney movies are stupid and getting more and more adult all the time. And about the comment about the old stuff being violent, I would rather my daughter be able to learn to defend herself from watching cartoons rather than learning how to be a slut from the fashions on the newer stuff.
    AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 7:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Good luck with that, let us all know how it turns out for you. I myself could not stand Barney and said I would NEVER let my child watch it. Stupid me for even saying it, she watched Barney every chance she got.
    Anonymous

• oh SAD but your choice
    Anonymous

• I agree!!! Old school looney tunes!! There are some shows that are new but based off old school likt TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles) we watch that ever saturday morning and power rangers. LOL my DS is only 16 weeks but he loves them and watching guitar hero!! But I agree Hanah Montana is stupid and that show is going to make girls act like bum bimbos, thats my opinion, I dont judge what other moms let there kids watch. To each there own.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 7:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I don;t like some of the stuff on tv or movies. BUT not all of it is bad. I suggest if you want a good channel for you LO to watch try PBS sprout. Or Noggin. Those shows are better. I don;t let mine watch regular Disney of nick. It's geared to older 'kids" now and just not appropriate. But try, search around. It's not all bad. There are some cute shows that teach values and manors out there still. Plus I hate to be a downer but some of those older movies aren't great either.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• ya know the "old school" toons are actually worse. More violet and more name calling.

Anonymous

• Well I do like the old movies. I think it's a good idea to monitor what your kids are watching, but you might want to keep an open mind to the current trends. Your kids might feel alienated if they don't know anything about what's out there now. I agree with you completely about Hannah Montana, but I disagree with Cars being included in there. Have you seen it? It's actually got a great story, a great moral about being a good friend and not having to win and it stars Paul Newman. I think everything Pixar does is amazing. I would recommend renting one and watching it after the kids are in bed, see how you feel about after that.

About getting the toys for the old movies, I'd check out ebay for sure. And don't forget about the Muppets when you are going through your old stuff! They're awesome!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Things like Cinderella, Fox and the Hound, Lady and the Tramp, Aladin, etc. are absolutely not worse. Movies back then taught the important values that I learned from. I know all of it isn't bad, but the mainstream stuff is absolutely annoying. Kids are growing up too fast these days and thats why children are having sex in their preteens. A lot of it is what children are learning from T.V. I'm going to minimize the crap as much as I can. I like educational shows but I really wish that the media wasn't so worried about making money. I've heard good things about noggin and PBS. I used to watch PBS all the time. I loved that show "Zoom" that was on it. I also understand that some of you think its "sad", but I believe in raising my kids myself, not letting societys bullshit raise them.
    twocutetwins09

Answer by twocutetwins09 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• First of all cartoon violence is way different than real. People used to talk about Bugs Bunny and how violent it was. But it was obviously not real. My kids don't watch a show if I don't approve. Be it the disney stuff, pbs, whatever. Now what I allow has changed as they have grown up and been able to separate reality from t.v./movies, etc. Eventually your kids may see the shows you don't like. So I also recommend telling them why you don't like those shows.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Well I planned on that teamquinn. :)
    twocutetwins09

Answer by twocutetwins09 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2009