Painful pregnancy Sex....TMI

Last night was the first time in about 3 weeks my husband and I had sex. We have both been sick with sinus infections. Anyway last night we were feeling better so we had sex but it hurt and I got neauses. I felt like I was sea sick with him on top (I'm 10 weeks pregnant). Then it hurt like I could'nt stay wet this has NEVER been a problem before. It got so bad I had to make him stop for a few minutes then we switched positions and that helped with the sea sick feeling and the wetness. After it was over it burned sooo bad like his semen was acid, I never had that either. Can someone please tell me if this has happened to them. Or what I can do.. I'm assuming you can use KY when your pregnant.. any advice please!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Im thinking that you was so sore after because you didnt stay wet. That has happened to me and i left the burn afterwards it was really bad. I dont see why you couldnt use ky while your prego but i would see what everyone else says. But as soon as your dry i would stop so that after you dont burn.
    2009mommytobe

Answer by 2009mommytobe at 7:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• that happens with all my pregnancies! u can blame it on ur hormones- but dont worry second trimester will be better- i hated sex during my first trimester because i couldnt get or stay wet no matter how horny i was- but now im in my second trimester and i have to wear pantyliners because im always soooo wet- lol- just try a little ky and next time instead of having him on top try the spooning method- i love that position while preggo
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Yes, you can use lube while you are pregnant. Your hormones are fluctuating. You may find sex amazing one day, and nauseating the next. Take advantage of the good days.

The nausea will likely pass after weeks 12-14 any way.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• oh wow, im opposite...im only 9weeks & i am constantly both horny & wet as ever! that could be because im not allowed to have sex right now though...so the fact i cant makes me want it more lol. & KY is safe anytime, just be careful because waterbased usually has glycerin which is a type of sugar that can make it more likely to get a UTI so make sure you wash up real good afterwards! i'd suggest systemJO waterbased for woman (go to your local adult shop, i dont think drugstores carry it yet). its a glycerin-free hypo-allergenic lube that was made for woman that is safe always =) GOOD LUCK!!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Of course you can use KY! OB GYNs use pretty much the same stuff when they're checkin' you out. No worries.
    Anonymous