Has anyone tried Proactiv?

I started to get a rash on my upper arms, it's almost like tiny little pimples. It is starting to spread and I am getting a bad case of acne on the back of my neck. It is really bad, I'm lucky that my hair is long enough to cover it. Now I'm starting to get pimples on my face. I have tried 3 different acne treatments that I got from the store and they don't work. Someone told me to get Proactiv. Before I spend the money on it I wanted to know if anyone has tried it and if it has worked for you. Thank you ladies.

summernight

Asked by summernight at 7:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Health

• I used it for a while before I got married and my skin never looked better.. If your acne isn't too bad it will work wonderful on it.. My arms and back also cleared up too. I think if you can afford it, it's worth it. My sister just started using it also and she's seeing the difference now too..
    Halsmommy

Answer by Halsmommy at 2:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• It helps really well, but if it's severe acne it won't get rid of it, but it does help. I get pimples and break outs and it helps clear them rather fast, but I don't get huge break outs, or cystic acne.
    Murad works better than Proactiv.
    Anonymous

• i used to work for a dermatologist & we had patients come in who have tried proactiv and it only worked for maybe one or two months.... there are some really good treatments your dermatologist can reccomened
    Anonymous

• Walmart sells it for 20.00 My bro was bad and it cleared it right up. You have to stick with it through the whole process including the drying out spell it will cause but it is worth it!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 7:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Wal Mart sells a similar product. My dd tried it and it really dried out her skin. She was not happy with the product. She tried both Pro Active and the Wal Mart brand..... I don't think it is worth the money.
    Anonymous

• I tried it and it didn't work. I have better luck with Neutrogena.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I used to have really bad acne and it actually made it worse! that stuff is crap. The only thing that helped me was Accutane. 2 rounds of it. Anyway, if you have mild acne, use a mild cleanser and toner (burts bees makes great ones) and a good moisturizer. use in the morning AND at nite. the more you dry your skin out the harder your sebaceous (oil) glands have to work and it produces too much oil and in turn your skin breaks out. good luck
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Yes, I have been using it for about 4 years now and I love it. I tried Merle Norman, over the counter crap and nothing helped. You do have to be patient though, it takes about 3 weeks before you can see a major difference. I couldn't live without it, and that's the truth. Hope this helps :)
    Tiff1013

Answer by Tiff1013 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I have and it worked in the begining but then after about 4months stoped working and I also had to stop using it when I was pregant- I am told there are steriods in it that can harm the unborn child with pregnant women.
    Assila

Answer by Assila at 11:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I got it a little over a month ago and after 2 weeks of use I was breaking out really bad
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2009