how can I get my 9 month old to like baths?

She hates them. I've tried a bunch of things including:
-raising and lowering the temp slightly
-taking a bath with her
-changing her from an infant tub to a regular tub
-playing with toys in the tub

Please help she really hates them!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Set her beside a basin of warm water and let her splash and play with her toys in it. Meanwhile you can be sponge bathing her. Another idea is to get one of those hose things that you attach to your shower or faucet that lets water flow through with a wide stream like a shower and that reaches way down. You can stand her in the shower/tub then and spray her down, soap her, then spray to rinse. Be sure the bathroom is warm so she won't get chilled. We told my granddaughter that she was going to get a shower like Mom and Dad, but we used the hose shower so that it didn't hit her in the face and scare her, and she loves it.

Answer by Bmat at 7:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• PS: Sometimes little ones hate the tub because they are afraid they'll go down the drain like the water does. I know you said you switched from baby tub to regular tub, but in case this is the problem maybe it would help to put something over the drain so that she knows for sure she won't go down the drain, and then not let her see the water go down the drain. or switch her back to a baby tub or to a basin as I suggested above, which wouldn't have the associations of the baby or regular tub.

Answer by Bmat at 7:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2009