I know it isn't normal, but is it dangerous?

I'm in my second trimester carrying twins. I ate very healthy in my first trimester. My OB has me on a bunch of vitamins and such, but I have absolutely no appetite anymore. I eat as much as I can, but its pretty much equivalent to light snacking. I drink a lot of fluids, but whenever I force myself to eat a regualr properly sized meal, I throw it all up out of nowhere. I don't feel nauseated or anything, I just throw up. I've been to the ER many times and all they have ever found is the usual UTI. I don't know if I'm not hungry because all three of us are getting the nutrients we need or what. I'm also know that I am not getting nearly enough calories, and thats what I am concerned about.

Have any of you been through this? If so, what did you do?

twocutetwins09

Asked by twocutetwins09 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You are carrying twins and there is probably not much room in there and that is making you less hungry. Don't eat normal portions, try eating smaller portions more times a day. Try 6 small meals instead of 3 normal meals. Make sure you keep drinking fluids to stay hydrated.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• the only thing you need to be careful with is water and fluid. Make sure you drink enough. The babies are taking what they need from your body so if you're not hungry doesn't mean they are starving. The babies are fine. Your body doesn't make it's own water so you still need to drink. Hope this helps.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I have the same problem, but I'm in my third trimester. I started losing wait. which is when it becomes a prob. If the throwing up is bothering you than your doc can give you some pills. It's pretty much late morning sickness. If your still gaining weight and healthy It's no prob just a nusance. Good luck I hope this helps you realx a little and I hope you feel better.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I'm not having twins or anything... but I did that too. My baby was actually pushing against my stomach so I couldn't fit anything in there. Light snacking is all I still do. Full meals are just too much for me.
    emmetsmom09

Answer by emmetsmom09 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Oh and not feeling hungry?? Perfectly normal. UTI?? not enough fluids. Try cranberry drinks. keep it moderate tho' water is best
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I agree with tyfry. They're probably squishing your stomach.
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 8:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2009