Can eye cream actually cause more wrinkles???

I have had some small wrinkles underneath my eyes the last few years. I am 26. A few weeks ago I splurged and bought an expensive (Wal Mart expensive, not department store expensive) eye cream for wrinkles and dark circles. I have been using it every night for three weeks now and I am noticing unwanted results. When I wake up under my eyes is really puffy with deep wrinkles. Then after an hour or so (and some cold water) the puffiness goes down. But then throughout the day my eyes have more wrinkles than I ever did before! Is it possible that I am allergic to the eye cream? I am now worried that these new wrinkles are permanent!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i suppose it could be irritating your eyes. i've been using eye cream since i was, well.. a lot younger and i don't have lines yet. I like to use Olay Definity. I've gotten nice results with that and if I remember right it's about 28 a bottle and lasts about 5months.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 7:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• it sounds like it might be a slight allergic reaction. Does the cream have any dyes or scents in it ?
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 7:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Why don't you switch to the Anew or Solutions lineup from Avon. They have great products and the prices are low too. You can try them at www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping. If you take the used eyecream back to Walmart and tell them that it caused an allergic reaction they will give you your money back on the other brand you already are using! GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:01 AM on Mar. 30, 2009