40 creeping up on me and very self-conscious is anyone else like this?

I hate the wrinkles and everything sagging from having children. I would consider implants has anyone had then? How was it? Would you do it again, if you had to ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Can't answer the implants question. I'm 46, never have and never will consider any kind of cosmetic surgery. I am proud of every line and scar because I earned them, darn it. I've lived a life! **smile**

Not to say I don't use moisturizer. Started that at about 37, after never using it for years. I don't go out without sunscreen, either, but that's more due to melanoma concerns than anything else.

Now...I will admit one concession. I color my hair and have done so since 16. Partly because I don't like my natural color. Also because my hair grew back mostly gray after the postpartum hair loss.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• my mom got implants when she hit her fortys - it gave her a new bound confidence - she was a new person. Its def a confidence booster - just dont go over board lol ya kno...
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I didn't like turning 40 either but I'm 45 now and I'm loving my 40's.  You should read my journal.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1058746/My_thoughts_on_aging

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I'll be 40 in November and while I don't have issues with things being slightly lower than they once were, I am more self-conscious about wrinkles and the gray hairs than I was even a year ago, never mind that I occasionally get carded by convenience store workers sporting coke-bottle glasses.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:57 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I just got implants 2 weeks ago and I am 31! I LOVE them and I think anybody that gets them, will love them! I already have so much more confidence and feel so much better about myself! I feel better in my clothes! I think if it is something that would make you feel better about yourself, go for it! Life is too short not to be happy!!!! Good luck!!!!
    Anonymous

• Occasionally I get those concerns, I'm 39 right now. I have a box of hair color that's been sitting in the cupboard for about 3 years, I have the various creams that are supposed to work miracles. But, ya know, we've earned this. We are not supposed to look 20. Are new boobs really going to make you feel better about yourself? BTW, I got some new bras last year, they make the girls stand up where they're supposed to be and DAYUM, they're hot!
    Look at your family. That's what that body, wrinkles and grey hair have earned you and well done!
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2009