Know any books?

I need some help with my kids. They DO NOT listen. I have tried everything. I am to the point of all I do all day is yell. What are some good parenting books that might help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• 1-2-3 It's Magic. I am not sure who wrote it but it is an awesome book. My son's elementary school counselor told me about this book. She used it with her own kids. I know others that have used it and swear by it. It also works for preschool and daycares. Get the book and read it through before using it and then reread as needed.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• 1-2-3 magic you can get it at most book stores
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• 1-2-3 Magic (they beat me to it but I'll say it again!!!) I have not actually read the book but have the dvd, and it is well worth every penny. The website is http://www.parentmagic.com/

1-2-3 Magic is good because it gives you startegies to put in place right away.  Another good one is Kids, Parents, and Power Struggles by Mary Sheedy Kurchina

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk-----amazon.com carries it
    Anonymous

• I have not read but have heard a lot of good things about "How to talk so kids will listen and listen so kids will talk"
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I liked "Setting Boundries for the Strong-Willed Child". My middle child has the hardest head! This book makes so much sense to me and I felt like they were describing him to a T!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My all time favorite authority on kids? SUPERNANNY! Perhaps if you type in suppernany and the issue your having the search bar you can get articles or video even on how to resolve the issue. Her techniques work well
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2009