Christians - Obama

I know there's some of you here that are Christian and do not like Obama at all. Do you feel like God has a plan and it's his will for Obama to be president? Do you feel like God made a mistake or has no hand in this? Do you feel like even though you don't agree with Obama that you'll be supportive because god would want you to?

I noticed religion has been brought up here the past few days. I always have never ending questions about Christians and how they relate to the world. Never in a judgmental way - always out of curiousity.

JackalsWife

Asked by JackalsWife at 8:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Our lives are predestined by God and this is in the word of God the Bible. And I believe that God allowed Obama to become the president because this country has turned its back from God and when people refuse to listen to God and follow his way of life that God alone has set up for us to follow for the good of mankind and to be reconciled to God. God as a gentleman will not force himself in your life. It must be a choice, when we choose not to follow Christ then we are left to ourself and so now we are now being allowed to have a ungodly man run our country.

Until America chooses to come back to God. Until then buckle up for the ride.

I'm glad I'am a Christian.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• god doesnt make mistakes, people do, and people have free will (this is not directly related to obama, just a general answer)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I am a Christian, and no - did not support Obama in the election. I also have not agreed with all his decisions thus far, or all he intends to do. However, I will support him now, because he is our nations president. There are examples in the Bible (i.e. Nebuccanezzar) where a bad king helped a nation reconnect with God. Perhaps this is what God felt our nation needed? I do not know. All I can do is hope and pray.

MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 8:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I am a christian who has voted for Obama............ God gave each and every one of us a free will. I am pro choice. I would not have an abortion myself, but I don't think I have the right to tell others what to do... God gave them a free will also ... He will judge, not me . I am for gun control. Thou shall not kill. I would never have a gun in my house. I would never use a gun in self defense. I do not eat animals. I do not kill!
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 8:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I am for helping others in need. I don't care how much my taxes go up, if they help others... especially health care, education for our children, our elderly.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 8:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I feel we are here for one reason, to prove outselves to God. If the end is near, isn't that what we all have been waiting for.... to be united with our Father? In the meantime, love thy neighbor as thyself.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 8:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I do not think God is responsible for this mess we are in. People are. God gave us laws by which to live by, The Ten Commandments, and most basically choose to ignore God's law. We have manmade laws and most of them are broken, even by the same people that make them. I do not think I have the right to tell another woman what to do with her body. It is her's. I do not think I have the right to go into another person's house and tell them they have to give up their guns for hunting. Many people have guns for hunting and for the protection of their families. Guns do not kill. People with guns that have no respect for another kill. God gave us the tools to continue with life. It is up to us to use them the right way.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Grandmarga-
    It is so refreshing to hear these words from a Christian. I am not a Christian but have always wondered how anyone who claims to be could be against healthcare for all, social programs and just helping those in need in general. I aplaud you.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 8:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I think mommymeg had the best answer! Cheer!!
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 8:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• foreverb3 I agree with you... I was just explaining two minor reasons, I voted for Obama... and I am christian.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 8:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2009