How has your child amazed you recently?

Mine was yesterday actually, I wrote my 6 year old, Krista, a note telling her I love her and asking if she would like a cookie. We write notes back in forth to reinforce her writing, plue it's fun- My 4 year old delivered the letter to their room for me. Krista wrote back " no I don't want any but thank you"
I am continuously shocked by her growing brain. She likes to write notes but they usually stops at 'I love you too", this one was a straight answer to my question complete with a "thank you" at the end.

So tell me, how has your child amazed you lately?

LuckyClown

Asked by LuckyClown at 8:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My (barely) 5yo and I had this conversation the other day:
    Me: You really need to stop growing and be my baby forever.
    Him: Okay mommy, all you have to to for me to stay small is not make me sleep or eat my vegetables. I can only eat junk food.

After I was done laughing hysterically at that, I made dinner.. Flash forward a couple hours later when my kids are getting ready for bed:

Me: Isaac! I thought I told you to stop growing!!
    Isaac: Well, Moooommmmm.... YOU are the one who made me eat those nasty greenbeans, and now YOU are the one making me go to bed, so YOU are the one who is making me grow! If you don't want me to grow, I guess I'll be staying up with you tonight.

LOL!!
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 11:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Our Little man (gs) does every day ...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• awww thats cute
    mine started doing addition and subtraction all by himslef with no help- that was my amazement this weekend
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• We were putting my three year old to bed last night and told him he had to put away his trains. He got very sad and yelled, "I NEVER get to play with my trains!!" BTW he ALWAYS gets to play with his trains. LOL! It was hilarious!
    It is amazing because he has never said anything like that before. He also has always been kind of a slow talker. He was walking by the time he was 8 months old and running by 9, but learning to talk wasn't all that interesting to him. Me and my husband cannot stop laughing about it!
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 8:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My 7yo LOVES to read for fun! And, he absolutely loves to read to me... My 6yo can be an absolute little brat sometimes, but he will share ANYthing he has with his brother. THEY ROCK! (And, thanks for this question!)
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 8:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Thats awesome! I know how it feels to be so proud of your kids!
    my son is the most fluent reader in his class his teacher says. The school he went to last year, they started site word reading in pre k so he was already reading short stories by the beginning of this school year. He is actually at first grade level reading.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I know this is for older kids but I wanted to put mine here too. Last week while we were playing peek-a-boo (he is 7 months) we were using his blanket and I would put it over his head and he pulls it down and makes a little babble. I had stopped playing and was trying to get some house work done... he crawled over to me with the blanket and stated doing it all by himself. It was just amazing - I love my little guy
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 8:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My 3 year old daughter had her first day of gymnastics on Friday, and she was just such a natural. The bar where you hold on with your hands, she was turning upside down hanging with hands and legs. She said look mommy I'm an acrobat!! It was so amazing.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 8:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My 6 year old came and say next to me a couple of weeks ago when I was on this site and said "Cafemom? Sounds cool".... and he pronounced Cafemom right. :)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• you all have amazing kids!. stepmom- maybe 6 is some magical age where reading really picks up- mine has been reading bigger and bigger words lately, she sounded out "passenger" in the car. she also tested in to advanced placement reading. she is the 7th kid in her class to test into that and she scores perfect on every test.

I can't help but think sometimes she is thriving in spite of me, not because of me... Her little brain is just.... incredible...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 8:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2009