First a fever.. now spots??

Thursday-Saturday my 13 month old daughter has had a fever.. Friday it hit a high of 103.3, so I called out to the hospital and asked if I should bring her in. They said to give her Motrin, as apposed to the Tylenol that we were giving her. That seemed to really bring the fever down. Yesterday her temp was running 102.3 or so even an hour after the Motrin. This morning she didn't have a temp (she didn't yesterday morning either), but when I got home from work I noticed that all along her hair line and the back of her neck there are these red spots.. as I was looking they are all down her back as well. Should I be worried? Is this something that I should take her to the ER for?

Any answers would be great!

dueinfeb2008

Asked by dueinfeb2008 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• YOU SHOULD TAKE HER TO THE E.R.
    ASAP. NEVER SECOND GUESS TAKING
    YOUR BABY TO THE DOCTOR.
    DON'T WORRY BECAUSE WORRYING
    WONT HELP, BUT ITS ALWAYS BEST TO
    BE SAFE THAN SORRY.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 8:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• on her belly too?
    myguess is roseolla-- but u should prob take her to the ped tomorrow to be sure
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• its roseola. they get a high fever for about two or three days than the rash which is usually on their bellies and back lasts for maybe a week.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• roseolla btw is a virus high fever for a few days, then rash after fever goes, just has to pass if that is what it is
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• yep roseolla, as long as you can break her fever at some point throughout the day, i'd wait to go til the morning.
    muzikgrl477

Answer by muzikgrl477 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My daughter had this last year when she was 18 months old. She had Roseola. She had a high fever of 104, then 103 and when we took her to the doctors nothing was wrong. No cough, congestion, runny nose,uti,etc. etc. After about 4 days the fever broke and she developed a rash all over her back-red bumps. They diagnosed it as Roseola. Just make sure her fever comes down with Motrin/Tylenol switch, try luke warm bath and lots of liquids.
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Its roselea, use cortazone to relieve the itch it should pass in 2-3days its common in children nothing to worry about
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 11:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• So, did you find out what it was? My son has had this at least twice. Had a cold which went away, then about 24 hours of a non-responsive fever, then the fever was gone, replaced by the spots. They weren't raised (looked more like blotches) and didn't seem to bother him. That lasted a few days but then went away as well with no medicinal intervention. We just chalked it up to how his body gets rid of infection. It's not always roseola, so don't treat it as such until a doctor actually tells you it is.
    AutmnDreams

Answer by AutmnDreams at 2:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2009