Ok serious question.

How can you tell if a cat is preggers? Mine was out hoochyin around while she was in heat, and shes different now. How can I tell?

prettymommyap07

Asked by prettymommyap07 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pets

• lmao idk but i like yhat thae cat was "hoocjin around" :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I just opened a group just for your need called animal help, come a join and we will help you out.
    bridynme

Answer by bridynme at 8:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• first noticeable sign of pregnancy in a cat is a change in her nipples. Approximately three weeks after mating her nipples will become pinker and more enlarged. This is called 'Pinking'
    Your cat may become more affectionate and want more of your attention.There may be an increase in appetite.Pregnancy can be confirmed by your vet from approximately 22 days using ultrasound.As the pregnancy advances your cat may begin 'nesting' behaviour. She may begin searching for a place to deliver her kittens. She will try to get into closets, cupboards and other secluded places.

bridynme

Answer by bridynme at 8:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• You don't have to guess. IF she was out while in heat she is pregnant. Cats gestation is around 65 days. Please get her spayed after these babies are weaned.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• PLEASE get her spayed ESPECIALLY if she's outside. OMG!
    Anonymous

• OMG OMG OMG, get her spayed, NOBODY LIKES KITTENS, didnt you know? Seriously though, some cats get really affectionate, others are the exact opposite, and trust me, you will notice a weight gain in her in no time if she is! Along with the nesting, she will start trying to find nice quiet secluded (and probably dark) places to have those kittens, my suggestion is throw an old towl in a cardboard box and stash it somewhere, keep her in the house as much as possible so that when she goes into labor you will hear her and can put her in the box, she might try to jump out but just comfort her and make her lay down in the box and she should stay and deliver right there, as long as not too many people are watching, I usually got stuck with midwife duty with our hoochie mama cat, just love on her and talk in soothing tones and she will stay in the box and let you sit with her. Its an all night job, but a really cool experience!
    chipper87

Answer by chipper87 at 11:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Thank you for anwering my question mistress! Its funny that people just need to bash:)
    prettymommyap07

Answer by prettymommyap07 at 12:49 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I don't think advising you to spay your cat after this batch of kittens is weaned is bashing. It's responsible pet ownership. Thousands of unwanted cats and littens are euthanized every day and it can be avoided. Even cats who are intended to be strictly indoor cats can escape. If your fur-kid is preggo, I honestly wish you the best in finding them all good and loving homes.
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 2:56 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Hmmm...kittens, not littens. Sorry.
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 2:57 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• spay ur animal... if u cant afford to do that you shouldnt have the pet... plain and simple
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 9:17 AM on Mar. 30, 2009