Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husbands Ex has just informed us that she will be going away for easter vacation. The visitation agreement does state that she has his daughter this tear, but it incorpotates our weekend. She said she will noty be home. We asked for a comprimise of the following weekend and her reply was Get over it!. This said we will not see his daughter for 26 days. What can we do

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answers (18)
  • report to the couts

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

  • Sounds like she's breaking the visitatioon agreement and acting like it's no biggie. I would call my lawyer to take care of it.

    Answer by mamaada at 8:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

  • yea i would report it to the court i think thats the only thing you can do

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

  • I don't know what state you're in but in indiana the non-custodial parent gets the weekend following if they lose scheduled parenting time. tell her that if she won't comply with the parenting time guidelines (that's what they're called in indiana) then you will have your lawyer file contempt charges. of course, you need to check your custody papers to see what they say in your state.

    Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 8:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

  • uhhh.. go to the court, right away

    Answer by charisma10 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

  • report it to the courts again it depends on what state your in too

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

  • She is being a witch just call your lawyer and ask this question.
    If not there is not much you can do for now usually some cases like this the woman seems to win everytime no matter what.....sorry that you have to go through this. This is what happens to us when we marry someone with kids :(

    I'd like to think that we have the better end of the deal :)

    Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

  • Report it to the courts. BUT...keep in some states...(brutal honesty) the courts, cops, judge... could give a chit! Just as long as your paying your child support...that is all they sincerely give a rip about. Thed kids best interest my @$$! could hire an attorney to hear the same chit! (more brutal honesty) Keep records...seriously record each and every time the BM tries to pull some parental alienation B.S.! Keep records on when you actually "were allowed" visitation..and, in some cases...what the child was or was not wearing...for the appropriate weather. It may or may not come in handy someday. btw to all the haters...we were effed over by the state of Colorado! My dh has faithfully paid his financial obligation for over 18 yrs., tried to be an active Father..and, was still shunned! No one gave a chit!

    Answer by Loryl at 8:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

  • wow- I am constantly reminded of how lucky I am. My ex was horrible for a year but he chose to not come see his kids. by the time he decided to man up and be a father we were both over any personal issues and now we do what's best for the kids... he is always willing to compromise as am I...

    I agree with PP though, make notes, make sure you keep track of everything- If this behavior is constant it is not fair to either the child or the father- I don't know what the courts can or will do, but at least if you show up organized and well documented they can't totally ignore you.

    I haven't made any notes for a while but early on one of my children came home with no shoes and the other came home with a baaaad diaper rash... I asked him about them and documented it, I have had no cause to document anything else since. Make sure she knows you are documenting, that may help

    Answer by LuckyClown at 9:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

  • My SO's Parenting Plan states that holiday schedule has hierarchy over all the other schedules and make up time is only available if both parties agree. We've in WV, you might have to go over your CO with a fine tooth comb to get your answer.

    Answer by Megz511 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.