Do you have this problem in your house?

I can not seem to get this house in order every room I look it looks upside down I feel like I am going to have a nervous break down....aaarrggg!!!!

The kids are argueing, my dh is fast asleep with out a care in the world me I am trying so hard not to loose it I do some work but it doesn't look like I lifted a finger, I can't take it at the moment it is not always this way but I hate it when I do feel this way. I can't just wait til tomorrow because it is the starting of the week. Any suggestions....Please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I know exactly how you feel. Every time I look around when my house is cluttery, my heart sinks because I realize that this is the rest of my life! A never-ending mess...cleaning up after people who don't give a crap. Grr.

Anyway, I've seen some moms say flylady.net really helped them out. Give it a look and see if it looks like it will help you.
    Anonymous

• When the kids have moved out, it will be much easier to keep things in order. So this isn't forever. If the kids are old enough to argue they are old enough to help with the house work. Besides their own rooms and belongings, they should have responsibility for other areas of the house. What is there that is lying around that you want cleaned up but don't have time for - think if they could do this. They should at the very least be responsible for their own toys if they are of that age- no playing with a toy until the previous one is put away. If they are teens they could rotate responsibility for other rooms-- bathrooms, kitchen, etc. If they are old enough, get a bath and rest in your room and read. Tell them to be quiet. If they are younger then get them ready for bed and insist that they play quietly. If you are feeling very nervous, make an appointment with your doctor soon and get checked out.

Answer by Bmat at 9:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• That is my everyday. Welcome to my world. If I'm not picking up after my kids, it's my husband or his friends. My kids are boys so they argue and wrestle and carry on, it's hard to ignore it and be peachy and happy because it is never ending. But I guess this is life. I try to do things to relax me so I don't totally flip out:)
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 9:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Wanna share MY nickname? Frustrated perfectionist. I know how I WANT my house to look, I just can't ever seem to make it look that way. And then there's the issue of never being home long to get anything accomplished. Everyone is always pulling me in ten different directions to go here or do this for them or that for them.... Having a nickname kinda helps relieve some of that built-up stress!
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 9:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• LOL I was thinking this just today! I babysat for a 6 year old girl today, and she walked into my guest bath, which we NEVER use, and when she came out she said "Don't you ever clean these things?" I was like A 6 year old just asked me if I clean my bathrooms lol! Then they were playing with playdough on the dining room table, and they had just eaten like an hour earlier. she dropped the playdough and she says "Ew don't you sweep your floor?" I mean SERIOUSLY! I was doing the laundry and cleaning the kitchen as she says this lol. So yeah I felt all day like I just couldn't catch up! Doesn't help with constant reminders =)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• We are all right there with you. I would love for my house to be spotless & organized. Unfortunately, I have 5 kids, 3 dogs, & a cat plus a very messy husband. If it is seriously bothering you & you have the money, try to find a professional organizer in your area (or if you have some other skills, maybe you could barter them for organizational help). If you can get things set up in a very practical way, it may help you keep it that way. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Oh yes, I am right there with you!!!

Try this site:

www.flylady.net

She saved my life - and my sanity!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:20 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• frustrated

welcome to my world. i'm constantly throwing stuff out reorganising picking up cleaning up and still nothing changes ..it's almost like they walk behind me undoing everything  i've just done i swear if i could afford  a great big skip 3/4 of my house would be dumped into it without thinking twice

dee778

Answer by dee778 at 9:22 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Do stuff in 15 minute increments.

Invest in a timer, set it for 15 minutes. Start in one room and spend 15 minutes in there. Work as fast as you can until the timer goes off, then stop what you are doing and take a break. Go into another room for 15 minutes. If you can't do 15 minutes at a time, start with 10 or even 5! You'll be surprised at how fast those small time increments add up.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 30, 2009