• In the Spotlight:

3-week old cries all the time.

My 3-week old daughter cries all the time. She pretty much cries anytime she's awake. She's gaining weight and eating fine, tell me this will end soon. I can't put her down at all and she barely tolerates a sling/carrier. What can I do?

danielp

Asked by danielp at 8:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she might have colic
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• try finding a baby message therapist in your area. Are you breastfeeding? some studies have shown that formula fed babies are more prone to colic.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Well I hope she doesn't have colic. My son started at 3 weeks and didn't stop until 3 months. It was the longest time ever! I didn't leave the house with him because I figured people would get annoyed. Try running the vaccum. We would just turn it on and he would quiet down for a bit. Also when she gets a little older baby einstein might help. I would def. talk to your dr about it. Mine wasn't much help. I bf but he refused at 2 months and we put him on nutramigen. I think it helped. Good luck. If it is colic feel free to pm me. I have been there (and not that long ago he is only 5 1/2 months now).
    Kaitsmom1220

Answer by Kaitsmom1220 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Maybe the formula that she is having does not agree with her system you might need to change her formula until one does agree with her little system. But at the same time she might have gas also so try giving her some gas drop for infants. I hope she feels better. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I can't put my 6 month old down! :) 3 week old babies cry all the time, my girl screamed like someone had a knife in her: every time there was a gust of wind, or a fan on, or the house was hot, or I put her in the car seat, or she was put down for bed, or she passed gas, or the sun hit her face, or water touched her, or I touched her toes (not sure why, but she HATED that!), or her diaper had even one drop of pee in it, or her grandfather held her, or I laid her on her back when it wasn't bedtime, or someone talked too loud, or she wasn't being carried properly, etc etc etc. It'll pass, unless you spoil yer kid rotten like I might have done.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 11:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Emi did that. Turned out she was allergic to soy, dairy, tomato and wheat. But she had other symptoms too. Keep putting her in the sling/wrap. She'll get used to it. Emi hated it at first too.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 2:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2009