sippy cup

Does anyone have any tips on how to get my 10 month old son to accept a sippy cup? I have tried everything: letting him play with it, trying to feed him as if it were a bottle, water, diluted fruit juice, even a tiny bit of milk. Somebody please help, I am getting really desperate. His bottle will be gone in only 6 weeks!

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what kind of bottle does he use? silcone nipple? if so try the nuby cup, no handles... they also have a transition set as well
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• We use the Playtex Ventaire Advanced but I am not sure what the nipples are made of.I am using a Nuby cup, but it has handles.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 9:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• are the nipples brown or clear? I think its harder for them to get the grasp of the handles.... esp. if hes 10 months old, hes used to just a bottle, try something without handles. I went through 5 different cups before i found the one my DD liked and it happened to be the cheapest one. I like the nuby cups too because they have no valve, the juice or milk is release by her putting pressure on the nipple like a bottle
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• The nipples are clear. Where did you find the Nuby you are using?
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• wal mart is a good starttarget for sure
    Anonymous

• I got the one I am using for her at walmart... Its the cheapest one they have and its big on the bottom smaller in the middle and bigger at the top.
    Anonymous

• ops didnt mean to post anon
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Thanks. I will be at Walmart on Wednesday when I
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• get paid, I will look for it.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• My son never took to a bottle and wouldn't use a sippy cup so at 10 mos I was giving him his breast milk from an open glass/cup. He drank like that until he was 2ish and realized all his play group friends had one. Then when he learned he could actually drink WHILE he was in the car, he really took to the sippy cup.

Anyway, I had to try SEVERAL brands of sippy cups before we found one that he actually liked. Took a few months, but he did finally take to one but I cannot remember the brand.
    loonette694

Answer by loonette694 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2009