• In the Spotlight:

Is it normal to still eat like you were never pregnant just eat more of your meal?

I am a first time mom and I am only 18 I have heard that you gain an appetite and are wanting to eat a lot but when does this truly start what happens is ill eat big in the mornings then ill have a snack before lunch then ill have a big lunch and then another small snack and then eat something a little later for dinner. Im worried im not eating enough is there any one who could answer my question?

mommy2b924

Asked by mommy2b924 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes when i was hungry i ate alot but i didnt pig out all the time my weight was fine talk to your doctor if your worried about it
    Anonymous

• I am hungry a lot, but I can't eat really big meals or it makes me feel really bad. So after breakfast, lunch, or dinner if I get hungry then I'll have a snack.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Usually, you don't start having a bigger appetite until your third trimester. As long as you feel full you don't have to worry about not eating enough. Don't be fooled by the expression "you're eating for two now" because you only need an extra 300 calories when you're pregnant.
    youngmom3525

Answer by youngmom3525 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• If you are eating a balanced diet and taking your prenatal vitamins, you probably won't need to add much to your diet till the last 4-6 weeks when the baby is already fully developed and just adding weight.
    Anonymous

• Remember you are NOT actually "eating for two." You really only need an extra 300-500 calories a day. If you're eating healthy and getting good meals, don't be concerned about not increasing amount.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 9:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2009