Do you consider smoking pot child abuse?

i am a closet pot smoker and have been told that even though i do not smoke around my kids or watch them when i am high, i am still abusing them. What do you think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sorry but I do think that.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• yes =[
    Anonymous

• Nope. I dont think that at all. In fact, i dont think that it's that big of a deal at all. LOTS of ppl have a few beers after work and still manage to raise healthy happy children. and alchohol is worse IMO.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I don't consider it abuse unless you expose your children to it or are too incapacitated to care for them if an emergency or problem arises.
    You should try to quit, though, so you do not cause medical harm to yourself, but that is only my opinion.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• if you are watching them while high or doing it while they are around its child abuse but if you go to a party and have someone watch your kids thats fine
    Anonymous

• medical harm?? drs use it for cancer. if it was so bad would they prescribe it to help with cancer patients???
    Anonymous

• I smoke when they go to their grandfathers on the weekend but not if they don't go
    Anonymous

• My opinion is if you don't do it around them or deal with them when you are high it's not child abuse because you aren't even around them when you are doing it. As long as it doesn't affect them or your ability to properly care for them I think it's fine.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 9:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• nah, its not abuse. You arn't exposing them to it. You dont watch em when you're stoned. Its cool. Its exactly like when a parent drinks. As long as she isn't exposing or watching them when she is. Its all good. You are not harming your kids.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• uhh anon 9:10..doctors prescribe it to cancer paitents so they will have an appetite and want to eat. It doesn't help with the cancer.

But anyway, no its not child abuse..if you aren't around them or taking care of them while high whats the big deal? Not my thing but if its not harming them I don't see it as abuse.
    twinmommy2009

Answer by twinmommy2009 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2009