zucchini question

So this past summer I grated zucchini, put it in baggies in one cup measurements, and froze it. Here's my question: After this thaws there is a huge amount of water in the baggie! After squeezing the excess water out, will this one cup measure still be a one cup measure (for recipes)?

Also, I took 4 bags out of the freezer to thaw, intending to bake several recipes, but got side-tracked and ran out of time. Can I put the other 3 bags in the fridge and bake tomorrow?

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 9:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• winkI would just drain teh water (don't squeeze the water out rather just let the water drain naturally) and it will still be the same. Also, yes you can put it in the fridge and use it to bake tomorrow! Are you making me some zucchini bread!?!?

ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 9:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• After you drain the water you should have the same amount that you measured in the first place. Just remember that the freezing process will make it a bit more softened then when you first grated it. But, the one cup measurement should still be the one you use for the recipe.

Yes, you can keep it in the fridge for using tomorrow. I have done this when time gets away from me.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Put the zucchini in a strainer over a bowl and let the water drain out, cover with a papertowel and leave in the fridge.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• yes. 1 Cup equals 1 cup.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I made pistachio zucchini bread tonight. The other 3 cups will be for carrot bread (with zucchini) and cheddar zucchini wedges. And since I bought a bad of already shredded carrots, I will probably make peanu butter 'n carrot cookies too.

All new recipes! So I hope they turn out delicious!
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 10:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Mmmmm, zucchini bread. Sunday is my daughter's birthday and I'll be making zucchini cupcakes for her. It's what I made last year and then ALL my kids wanted it for their birthday. It's become a tradition. I even make the frosting from scratch (cream cheese frosting). So yummy.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:27 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Isn't it funny how those things go? When my daughter was in 1st grade at public school, the neighbor came at me saying "what did your daughter do to my son?" (she was joking) but I guess they had broccoli for lunch that day. Most kids would turn their noses up at it, but DD ate it and convinced Neighbor Boy to try it. He found out he liked it! Most kids who like something decided they DON'T like it if other kids don't like it!

Pistacchio zucchini bread turned out ok. Good if you like bran muffins. I will probably be the only one in the family who eats it!
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 9:21 AM on Mar. 30, 2009