how can i help him

My DF has a HORRIBLE sty on his eye that he cant get rid of. He does not have insurance so a trip to the dr is out of the question. Any suggestions?? Its really bothering him and hes getting all pissy cause he can barely see lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• There used to be a product called sty-off or something like that that I got at a pharmacy. Ask the pharmacist for suggestions.

Answer by Bmat at 9:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• a warm washclothe as warm as he can stand it
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• If he can't see, he needs to go to the doctor. I get stys all the time and I have found that hardboiling an egg and wrapping in a damp warm washcloth and massaging the eye really works (my uncle is an eye doctor and told me to do this). Do NOT use the egg or washcloth for anything else. You can reuse the egg by just nuking for 10-15 sec. You can also use a hot washcloth, as hot as he can stand it. The sty needs to pop, it is like a puss blister. I have had to have mine lanced in order to get the puss out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• A warm cloth as warm as possible repeat it over the evening until it pops....It will hurt but then he will feel better
    CookieMama

Answer by CookieMama at 9:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I was an ophthalmic surgical assistant for 14 years. The above posters are correct that he needs warm compresses on it. Another great idea, is to boil an egg and then hold that against the stye - it will not cool as fast as the cloth compress. Do this often,and for long periods of time to get the stye to drain. Unfortunately - some do not. If it does not respond,and continues to be red and angry - then you may need to see about having it surgically drained.
    Good luck!
    MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 10:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• There are clinics in most cicites that have free or low cost health clinics.
    tcrock02

Answer by tcrock02 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• It could be a staph infection. My son had a couple on this eyes at different times. They resemble a stye but it can be serious if they drain in the eye. One dr actually thought it was just a stye till it got bigger and painful.
    Just a suggestion, but i would go the to health dept.
    promom

Answer by promom at 12:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2009