For Christian wives who love church music.

I very frequently struggle with songs going around and 'round in my head. This even happens when I am trying to make love with my husband. It is very distracting and it isn't even very edifying, spiritually, because I'm not really thinking about the words, it's just a 'jag' if you know what I mean. Still, it feels weird to try to banish thoughts that have to do with God. What would you do about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• lol thats the most funniest thing i ever heard!!
    Anonymous

• that is a first for me lol
    Anonymous

• I know it's funny, and you can imagine I have not wanted to ask my pastor about it. Or even my husband, so you ladies are it.
    Anonymous

• Why do you want to banish thoughts that have to do with God? It could be He is trying to get your attention????
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I assume the songs in your head are worship/praise/christian songs.

I think maybe you are looking at this don't quite the best way.

YourSpirit is praising God. How AWESOME is that??!! God is putting a song in your heart. (I LOVE when all the sudden I had a Worship song in spring up in my heart or stuck on mind! esp when it doesn't 'come from me'. )
    I think that if you find this distracting and not edifying it is simply becasue if how you chose to respond to God.

It's safe to assume you agree that satan did not put these songs of praise in your mind and heart and also they have not come of your own carnal nature- that just leaves God as the author and 'instigator'

Next time you get a song to God stuck in your head, SING OUTLOUD. (but not while making love to your husband).
    Teach them to your children. Take them as a prompt yo talk to God and ask if He has something he wants to speak to you.

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 9:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Next time you get a song to God stuck in your head, SING OUTLOUD(but not while making love to your husband).

That's the point. I love it all the rest of the time. That's the only time I try to 'change the subject in my head'.  Does anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous

• along those lines----- I always have a couple dozen thoughts stuck in my head, spinning round and round- music, movies, past conversations, what I need to buy at the store, what load of laundry needs to be done next, why do we not fall through the floor is molecules are mostly empty space......

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 9:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Okay this will sound wierd, and I am laughing right now, but making love to your husband is an act of Worship to God. I am posting annonymous because this is really personal. But sometimes my husband will sing a praise song after we are done making love and are laying together or when we are getting cleaned up. I love it. We should feel close to God when we are having sex. It isn't dirty when we are married. He created it as a gift for us to enjoy and He is pleased when we are intimate and loving to each other.

You put 2liveCrew to shame!!! lol.
    Anonymous

• I have Christian songs go through my head ALL the time - most recently I've had "Breathe" by Rebecca St. James bouncing around in there. I usually see it as God speaking to me, so I'll sit down and read the lyrics and try to figure out what He's saying. Now, about the "This even happens when I'm making love with my husband" part . . . um, sorry, can't help you there, LOL!

jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 6:49 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Now, about the "This even happens when I'm making love with my husband" part . . . um, sorry, can't help you there, LOL!

Well that's the only part I'm asking about.  Anon. 9:41 is the only one who has come close to getting my point.  I think maybe Kiter came close with her second answer, but I'm not real sure what she's saying.  The furter thing is that I don't listen much to contemporary Christian music, so we're talking about traditional hymns, here.since these are the only ones I'm really exposed to and the only ones I like, really.

callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 12:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2009