9 month old only wants to bathe in the kitchen sink-help!!

My 9 month old daughter loves having baths in the kitchen sink. It was ok when she wasn't able to stand up by herself, but now that she can, she insists on standing up in the sink! I spend the whole bath time sitting her down because she keeps standing up!!

I bought her a duck bath tub that fits in the regular bath tub, but she screams bloody murder everytime she sees it! So I kept putting her in the sink.

Any suggestions for getting her to sit in the bath tub? If she didn't try to stand up all the time, the kitchen sink baths would be no problem. But, it's becoming a safety issue-I can imagine her standing up and slipping out of the sink onto her head, and it scares me!

She's also 30 inches tall, and clearly getting too tall to fit in the sink anymore.

Thanks!

Fallaya

Asked by Fallaya at 9:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know how you will get her in the big tub.... you could try taking a bath with her until she is used to it.
    As for the standing up, it's a problem even in a regular tub. My son try to stand up too. With him... I give him 3 warnings of "NO" for attempts to stand... and only 2 times if he actually does stand and then bath time is over. Sometimes bath time can be very short... which is too bad because it's his favorite time of day. But I need him to learn he can't stand up.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• We use the regular bath and lay our DD in the tub with the water just below ear level. This works great. I would try something like that versus using the ducky bath that she is obviously scared of.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2009