What kind of diapers should I get?

My due date is in 7 weeks and I want to stock up on diapers but half of my friends recommend Pampers and the other half say Huggies are better...What do you all think are the best kind to get to make it through the first few weeks? Thanks! :)

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Cloth diapers. Of gDiapers. ...yep. that's my stance.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• pampers i did it for my daughter and get alot of diapers and wipes and get alot of 1s too i think i spend 3 hundred on diapers and wipes all together no im not kidding people lol
    Anonymous

• Mom to Mom diapers are WAY more absorbant than Huggies.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I liked pampers when my son was very small... they are a little smaller than Huggies. I find that pampers kind of smell like urine all of the time, even why dry. And Huggies, depending on which kind either get hard when they are wet... or are so big and bulky and have such a bold print they don't work well under clothes.
    We use LUVS and have tried just about every other diaper there is and we still go back to LUVS... they work well and don't cose half as much as pampers or huggies.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I loved Pampers swaddlers. :)
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 9:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I swear by Walmarts brand White Cloud. I never thought I would have preferred a store brand to a name brand. But White Cloud diapers are alot thicker than huggies or pampers. ; ]
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 9:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I've tried all the name brand and some cheaper versions as well, and we like pampers or luvs huggies are great around the legs but feel damp at times like the pee gets pulled and absorbed so much that to the touch on their little butt it's damp.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 9:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• oh, yeah hubby just reminded me never use Parents Choice, they are cheaper but they suck.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 9:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Honestly you may just have to wait. I personally never had a problem with my kids being sensitve or allergic to any brand of diapers, but some babies break out in a rash from certain brands. It would be such a waste to have stocked up and not be able to use them. I used teddy's choice from Superstore (Canadian moms will know what I'm talking about). We never had any leakage problems or blowouts (except the ones that wouldhave blown out any diapers) vs the name brand and they are way cheaper. I'd rather save the money and put it elsewhere. Oh plus some babies fit one brand better than another. And don't go crazy buying newborn size diapers. We used no more than two packs per baby of newborn before we had to move to size 1. Good luck!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• It doesn't matter what diapers you get. I stocked up on the cheap Parents Choice diapers and wipes from Wal-mart. They work just and well and you get more for the price. I currently use Pampers because i work at a hospital and they are cheap there. I buy wipes by the case at Wal-mart. I would stock up on about 4 pkgs of size 1 and maybe two pkgs of newborns just to get you started.
    Mrs.Bolin

Answer by Mrs.Bolin at 10:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2009