what to do for a boy baptism?

This will be the first time my family and my husbands family will get together (mexican and black). I am very nervous about how it will go. I wanted to have a barbeque in my backyard after church. But im not used to throwing partys or get togethers. I guess you can say im not very social, im not even that confortable with my own family, so Im not sure how to act when both familys get together. I want to focus on my kids, but I want to make sure I dont leave anyone out. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I should be at the barbeque? Even though family members have met briefly before Im not sure if I should re-introduce everyone to each other and how can I keep the mood from going dull? Im just afraid a lot of people might be quiet or uncomfortable including myself. What did you ladies do at a baptism or how was it when you went to one? How did you act? was everyone mingling, or quiet? what can I do to make it fun?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• People will clique together. it's a normal human thing. They will find the people they know and normally associate with and stay with them. You might have a few who try and spark convo with others (depending how outgoing the group is) My suggestion would be this, don't worry about making everyone mingle and talk. Let them do what they want and are comfortable with. Just be sure that YOU get around and have a small chat with everyone so they are acknowledged and feel appriciated. Good luck and have fun!!!
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 9:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• How about just you & the godparents go out for a dinner (You Pay) & you don't have to worry?
    Anonymous