Why do people think that because you are Muslim that you are a terroist?

rachelisamail

Asked by rachelisamail at 11:45 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because our Government and our media has drilled this thought into our heads. A pity that people can no longer find out for themselves the truth.
    tericared

Answer by tericared at 1:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I think it is a phobia/fear thing. Some terrorists are muslims so it's like an association thing. Like when someone says a word and another automatically comes to mind.
    proudmama1207

Answer by proudmama1207 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I think that lots of people are still affected by 911 so much, that they automatically assume that someone that appears "muslim" in their eyes that they may pose a risk. But you have to understand we are living in the last days and it's getting harder to trust even your closest neighbor. So since trust has been broken everywhere, I think lots of peolpe do racial profiling when they see some one new for the first time. It really does suck that people do this to everyone, cuz how can you help being the race you were born as? I'm sorry if your family is going thru this.
    BOREDMAMA

Answer by BOREDMAMA at 12:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• People who think that way are ignorant and prejudiced. There really isn't any other excuse for it.
    nell_brinkley

Answer by nell_brinkley at 12:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I think it is sad that people think this way.
    hez3

Answer by hez3 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Ignorance!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• If your a muslim living in america and talk shit about american ways and our way of life ANYONE would think your a terrorist.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2008