immigration/custody related question...maybe offensive for some? :/

Alright, so my boyfriend (father of my baby that's due in oct.) is from El Salvador and let's just say he doesn't exactly have all the correct paperwork.

We have been fighting and yesterday he said the following:

1.) "I bet the f'ing baby isn't even mine. You probably f*cked some mexican while I was in jail." Which is rude because he is the only person I have EVER been with and I would NEVER cheat AND while he was in jail I was at his house with his parents comforting them and contacting lawyers.

2.) "If you leave me I will take that baby from you, I will get a lawyer and say you are unfit (even tho I am not in any way) and you will never see the baby again. I'll take it back to my country." Scared me to death.

Needless to say, I'm worried. He's currently in the big "D" process...can anyone tell me if he really can have my rights taken away? Of course he is the father..but would he really have rights in the US court?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• He can't take your baby, don't worry!
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 9:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• hes just trying to scare you
    kylesboo

• Absoultly not. I would have his ass deported. Call immigration on him, they'll take care of it.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 9:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• SHES RIGHT
    Anonymous

• That's what I thought....but I'm soooo scared. What if he takes the baby, like International Abduction?? AH I hate thisss.
    Anonymous

• call ins and have him deported b4 the baby is born
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i agree. id call like now. and get his ass sent away before the baby is even born...would there be anyway for him to get back into the states?
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 9:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I'd be afraid of him taking the baby to another country... I'd move and not tell him where to, or when the baby is born and not list him on the birth certificate for the baby's protection.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Questioner here: Kennadismom, to answer your question, I don't think so. He was never a border jumper like they say, he came over on a visa but overstayed it. Unless he suddenly gets the courage to jump the border...I don't think he'd be able to come back.
    Anonymous

• Questioner here again lol: lisa_ann_p that is exactly what I've been thinking..I'm scared to death. god he was such a nice guy when i got with him. didn't even know until after we'd been together for 2 years that he wasn't legal. now i'm afraid i can't trust anything that comes from his mouth.
    Anonymous