If you were ever divorced and a stepmother why?

And do you regret it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't understand the question. Are you meaning before the divorce were you a stepmom?
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I dont know that I fully understand the question, but I have been Divorced twice and nope I dont regret it. I was beaten by my first husband and my second was a drug addict.....Now I am happily married and a Step Mom to a great little girl that is beautIful I dont regret her either. I always wanted a little girl, I have three boys.
    CookieMama

Answer by CookieMama at 9:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I meant that have you ever been a stepmom then divorced the marriage that made you a sm.
    Anonymous

• I would never be a stepmother. I have to much respect for myself as a mother to do that to another woman.
    Anonymous

• Nope. Never been a SM. Been married to my guy for over 26 1/2 yrs. I had a SM and believe me, I know her job wasn't easy! She had 5 children of her own and 2 step-daughters, every other weekend. I still keep in touch w/her to this day. She was far from perfect, but she's always been pretty good to me & my sis.
    Anonymous

• Please Anon 10:23, save your ignorance, the world doesn't need it. I respect myself & my SS's BM should be damn glad that I'm woman enought o see past DNA, and raise her son as my own; since she is incapable and unwilling to do it. Anyone can give birth but it takes a REAL woman to be a MOM.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 11:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Seriously, I agree with Bubbaluva. That was like the most ignorant comment I have ever heard. First of all, is that to say that divorced fathers should not ever remarry? Not to mention, some biomoms are abandon there own kids or worse, hold on to them and abuse them. Should those kids not have any mother at all? My stepkids adore me but I never try to replace their mom. I respect her for what she does, but even she admits that the kids father and I can care for the kids better. Very naive..............
    rocknmom85

Answer by rocknmom85 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2009