should i try for a VBAC?

i had a c-section july 14 08. and may be preggers now would you go for a VBAC?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yep.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I had c-section with my first born and then my doctor wouldnt let me have a vbac. There are risks with it. You could go to a specialist and be high risk if you wanted a vbac. I always felt like there was something i missed out on not having a vb. if you do want to experience that part of being a woman do it with this one, because the more c-sections and scarred tissue, the more likely you could have issues. Talk with your doctor and see what they say.
    muzikgrl477

Answer by muzikgrl477 at 9:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• THe risks for a vbac are still less than another c-section. It is a very hard decision to make, but of all the women I have attended to or known (I am a birth doula) I never had a mother who had experienced both a cesarean and a vaginal birth prefer the surgery. Check out I-can's website http://www.ican-online.org/ They have alot of good info about the subject. GL on whatever you choose.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I had a csection my first baby. I couldnt dialate past 7 and the babys heart rate was dropping after that I went on to have 4 vbacs. I would try for one definatley. In fact my last baby I was told the hospital and drs in our area would only do a csection since I already had one even though I had 3vbacs. I went to a hospital 2 and a half hours away just to be able to have a vbac.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• there are risks but u can do it- just try to make sure there are at least 18 months between births- thats when its safest- any sooner and theres more risks involved- good luck either way!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2009