First period after childbirth

I know that the first period after having a baby can be heavier than usual, but does this sound OK to you?

My period came back last Saturday, exactly 7 weeks postpartum (yay for me). It lasted like 7 days...the first 3 were really quite heavy. The rest of the days were normal. Then yesterday it was gone. But today it seems to be back - at a light to normal level. Just last week though I did start back up with my exercise routine -- I exercised 5 times this week including spin class yesterday.

Do you think the combination of exercising & just having a baby recently are the reason for this to come back? I figure if it doesn't stop by Tuesday or so I'll give my doctor a call. I don't have any cramps or anything - just more period. Yippee.

Does it sound OK to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Health

• yup I bleed for 4 months post baby and my doc said it was normal, irritating, but normal. Just watch for red flags like HUGE clots and bright red, otherwise its pretty normal
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Yes completely normal. My period came back 6 weeks pp. and was heavy, my period is actually normally 3 heavy days, two days of almost no bleeding and then 1-2 days of normal bleeding again. Totally normal.
    dhsredhead

Answer by dhsredhead at 1:17 AM on Mar. 30, 2009