being induced because you annoy the DR

This is a bit odd, but has anyone heard of a Dr inducing labour because the mother has been too much?
I ask because this girl I know was induced after going to L&D almost everyday from the time she hit 37 weeks for every little thing - heartburn, cramps, BH, everything you can think of. She would yell at the nurses and cry and threaten to call he lawyer because they would tell he to go home as she is not in labour. Finally her Dr told her to come back in the morning and they will induce. There was nothing wrong with her or the baby and she was 1 day over her due date.
She says she got her way because they finally believed her that she was in pain but I have heard from other people that he Dr just did it to get her out of his hair.
Has anyone heard of someone being induced because the Dr was fed up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have never heard of it but it probably happens. If she was one day over her due date then it was ok, in my opinion. I don't believe in being overdue.
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 10:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I personally havn't heard of this happen, but I can understand why it would. I mean a doctor can only take so much, and needy whiney pregnant women are the worse. I'm pregnant with #4 right now and can't imagine acting like that, it is plain disrespectful. If I were a doctor and had a patient like that, and she was at her due date or within a week of it, I'd induce her just to get her out of my hair, some patients are a joy others are a curse.
    puddleybug

Answer by puddleybug at 10:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• yep, my DHs ex wife is just that type of person. she was in the ER every other day at a minimum for every stupid little thing the entire time she was pregnant with my step son. He was born 4 weeks early via c section because she couldn't stand being pregnant. she did the same with her subsequent 2 children (who are NOT my DHs btw). When she was pregnant with her 3rd kid she wasn't due until the first week in July, she was going in for a section at the end of june, she then had it upped to june 2nd when she found out my bday was june 3rd. she had NO problems during her pregnancies, only the delusional ones she created.

And with that 3rd kid she so conveniently scheduled her baptism the day of mine and DHs daughters first birthday party. Needless to say my stepson was NOT at the baptism because of his mother's poor planning, her party was scheduled long before the baptism.
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 10:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I've heard of Drs. wanting to induce woman.
    I think it's self-fish and stupid. ...but that's just me.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• well she got what she wanted so i think the dr did take care of her the way she wanted, so i wonder what is the big deal. she was perfectly ready to have the baby and she asked for it. i don't see anything wrong with it. he got other women to deal with who deserve his attention just as much as this lady did but she was extreme and if i were a dr i would probably do the same thing.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2009