I really hope there are still people in office that respect those who defend our freedom...

I found out that our amazing President Obama is trying to pass a bill that takes benefits away from veterans to save money. So, he wants to take funding away from the troops over in Iraq and Afghanistan BERFORE he pulls them out, and wants to take benefits away from people who deserve them to help people that just feed off of this counrty... I hate the fact that people think freedom is free. I hate that so many people HATED Bush, but if people bash on Obama the same way, they are wrong. I hate that people take advantage of the freedoms we have, but complain about war etc. My husband is in the Army, I was a total hippie when we met. I still love nature, but I was mature enough to admit that I was closed minded and ignorant. People need to wake up and learn from history. The media has always shown America what it wants. Troops came back from Vietnam to people "booing" and disrespecting them because of what the media showed.

twocutetwins09

Asked by twocutetwins09 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yea.. can you believe this?!?!? take away benefits from our vets and soldiers who PUT THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE FOR US.... it makes me sick to my stomach!! take from the soldiers and increasing welfare.... yea... great man
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Do you really think that has changed?

Is there anyone else that thinks all of this is ridiculous?
    twocutetwins09

Answer by twocutetwins09 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• The Ameircan public as a whole is very gulliable. If they are told something enough times they will believe it, my husband and I had this discussion during the election. Sure enough people fell hook line and sinker for the BS that was promised ...sigh..
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Actually none of what this says is true, laughable at best.....
    Anonymous

• It's not true.

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• And thats why you had to go Anon 10:23. Coward.
    twocutetwins09

Answer by twocutetwins09 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I'd like to believe its not true, but so far in his presidency, I haven't been impressed.
    twocutetwins09

Answer by twocutetwins09 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• LOL..This isn't even true......Why would anyone believe this? where is your link?
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I found out from my husband, who is in the Army. He is allowed into sections civilians aren't. Sorry, I cannot produce a link.
    twocutetwins09

Answer by twocutetwins09 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2009/03/19/obama-administration-drops-controversial-veterans-health-plan/2

I have a couple other links saved on my computer and i'll try to find them.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/veterans/

I hope nobody says it's a "biased" source..it's from the white house. i don't know where else to get info from the horses mouth so to speak.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2009