blood in baby's bowel

my 4 month old has a string of blood in her bowel. i checked for cuts i didn't find any. my sis had the same thing. Turnes out her baby is alergic to milk that she was cunsuming. I'm hoping i don't have that. My question is if any one's baby has the sane alergy how many times did you see blood?

DaryaK

Asked by DaryaK at 10:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know but I would call the pedi if you haven't already.

Anonymous

• I called her she told me to see her tomorow. I'm afraid that my baby is alergic to milk and now I have to go on strict diet staying away from milk. my sis is on that diet and it socks
    DaryaK

Answer by DaryaK at 10:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• oh your nursing. That does kind of suck. My son was intolerant to both lactose AND proteins and even on nutramigen he cried and cried and cried and had blood in his stool. You could try some soy formula or nutramigen and see if that makes a difference. If you dont want to shell out the cash for a whole can get the concentrate or ready made (its like $6) its a lot cheaper to try out formula that way if you dont know if you will be sticking with it. Your doctor will also have samples should you choose to go that route. Good luck!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I am pretty sure that means an allergy. Call the pedi soon so you can get it figured out.
    Beanna4406

Answer by Beanna4406 at 12:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2009