what should I expect after a miscarriage?

like how long to I bleed for, what should I expect emotionally etc? This is the first time I miscarried and it was an unexpected pregnancy to begin with. I miscarried around 7 or 8 weeks.

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• just wanted to say that I am so sorry for your loss. you are in my prayers
    Anonymous

• You could bleed any where from 2 weeks to well I know some one who bleed for 2 months. You will be very depressed most likely or the other route is act like every thing is peachy. You will most likely go through a period of blaming yourself and posibly your other half if their is one. You may have suicidal tendancies and possibly decide never to try agian out of fear. The problems following differ from one person to another these are just the ones I dealt with. If you have any wierd unusual feelings or behavior that last longer than about to months you must talk with your doc asap. I'm so so sorry for your loss, if you ever need any thing at all PM me and let me know. It does get better sweetie.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• thanks, I thought I was fione, but I started getting depressed last night. Also, I was already bleeding for over a month before I the miscarriage was confirmed (before my hcg was normal and the ultrasound was normal too.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• First of all i am sorry for your pain. Miscarriage is so devastating and tramatic. I went thru my 3rd one last month. THings i wish someone had told me sooner was...Dont be afraid to mourn.. Dont be afraid to name your baby and remember their EDD as their birthday...Dont be afraid to set up some kind of memorial for your baby.....Dont be afraid to try again...
    I had one natural and 2 D&C's... With my natural i bleed for a few weeks. It was painful to go to the bathroom and know that my baby was gone each time i wiped... Life is stinky sometimes....Sending hugs....
    tcrock02

Answer by tcrock02 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• yeah, I really tried to block it out, or just think of it as an afterbirth. Its too hard to think my baby is going down the toilet,
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I am sorry for your loss. I had one natural miscarriage and one D&C. Wth the natural one it was like a heavy period for a week or so. With the D&C I was bleeding for a couple months before it was done and not much after. I was very depressed for a long time , I cried a lot and didn't really want to talk to anyone for awhile. Going to church or just out of the house was akward for me. People who didn't know what had happened would ask when I was due and how I was feeling, I had to tell them and that was hard with out crying. I was scared to try again for a long time. Don't let people make you feel like it shouldn't be a big deal because it is. Grieve for your baby and talk when your ready. Let God heal you in his time. I have three blessings with me and two in heaven and I still cry for the two from time to time. Saying a prayer for you.
    Karly
    coffeegirl74

Answer by coffeegirl74 at 7:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2009