long term birth control?

Is there anything I can use for long term birth control that I do not have to use everyday? I believe James may need to be my only child becuase of some medical issues that I have. Please nobody suggest an IUD, that is not religiously an option for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Health

• but its good for either 1 year or 5. I cant remember. You can try nuva ring too my girlfriend didnt care for it and with my crazy lifestyle and even once a month birth control was just too much so I am a serious depo advocate
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Just so your aware hun an IUD does not cause abortions. It creates a hostile environment for sperm which is how it works. BUT if you are not 100% positive you are done having children I wouldnt recomend that route anyways since on some very rare occasions there can be complications that may make conceiving again difficult. Personally I use depo prevera and I LOVE it! 60% of women dont get a period at all while on depo and I dont get all the pms symptoms I get a shot in my arm once every three months and thats all there is to it. It can take up to nine months fro fertility to return when you choose to stop and periods may take up to a year to regulate again but I have been on it off it and then on again and I think its fabulous. There is also a copper bar you can inserted into your arm I guess the high levels of copper kill sperm or something. I dont know a whole lot about that since I didnt want the thing in my arm cont
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• NFP----it uses your bodies own cycle --this is NOT the calendar method!!!! Research it and you will see how effective and healthful it is. I have use it over 16 years with NO surprises;-) And during the abstinence--we play board games or talk or whatever:-)
    Anonymous

• NFP--Natural Family Planning---for those who don't know:-)
    Anonymous

• I forgot about the NFP method, I guess I dont know enough about it to know how low maintenance it is
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Just a question for clarification...if you can't use an IUD for religious reasons, then why can you use other forms of birth control? Wouldn't any form that prevents pregnancy be a religious issue? I am just asking, not bashing. I am genuinely interested in the answer. What about a condom? Other than an IUD or BC Pills, I don't know of anything else.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I refuse to use an IUD because my doctor the way they work is by eliminating all eggs from your body, fertilized or not. Since I believe life begins at conception, to me this is murder. Most other birth control methods prevent an egg from being fertilized to begin with so I feel comfortable using this type.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Mar. 30, 2009