Making labor quicker? PLEASE I"M IN PAIN!!!!!

Is there any thing I can eat or drink to get my contractions going quicker? I can't take it any more. I had a friend tell me I could slow down my contractions by taking warm baths every time they started, I wanted my house ready for the baby before I went to the hospital. Well I did it and it worked. My contractions were going along fine and even hit 5 mins apart. Now I'm done with my house and my contractions have gone to 30 mins. I can't stand it though, because now my back wont stop hurting, down there is so sore and swallon, and my left leg is killing me. Than last night I got this bad head ache that will not go away. PLEASE help I'm in so much pain. I know it was stupid so please don't bash, but this is just pure killing me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• DO NOT DO ANYTHING!! trust me!! i wanted it out soooo bad, ur gonna be in even worse pain if you force it =[ sadly...TRUST ME..i was in L&D this past thursday balling my eyes out, i HONESTLY would have rather got shot in the head than feel the pain i was feeling....trust me, what ur feeling now is NOTHING compared to what your going to feel...BUT..if you REALLY wanna know..

-Raspberry Leaf Tea
    -Nipple Stimulation
    -Walk (or walk up and down some stairs or do some squats)
    -i suggest no castor oil because you'll be shitting up a storm and ur butt hole will burn
    -do NOT take the blue or black cohosh with out asking your doctor if it is safe
    -Sex if your in the mood
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• take castor oil
    FL_Mommy_2

Answer by FL_Mommy_2 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• can you try taking a long walk around the neighborhood with someone? sometimes walking can get your labor going again.
    KateKevinAdopt

Answer by KateKevinAdopt at 10:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Where do you get caster oil and how much is it?
    Anonymous

• Walk around to the get the baby's head to press agains't your cervix.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I wish I could help you. I was in pre-labour for 2 weeks going threw exactly what you are... all I can say is I hope your LO comes soon :)
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 11:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• You probably reached a natural alignment plateau where it seems like you're going nowhere, but you really are. Just hang in there. It wouldn't hurt if you sucked your thumb (sounds crazy, but it worked for me) and try some nipple stimulation. Maybe your hubby can help.
    JazG

Answer by JazG at 11:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i took castrol oil and walked around my neighbor-hood. It did start up my contractions, but beware, it will bring on the poop. But if you are going to try it, make sure you drink it with orange soda. The taste and consistancy is so gross.
    Anonymous

• i love how when i posted a question like this people called me selfish..your lucky, at least people are being nice to you lmfao
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• miss kellee... Ive been wondering about you, how did the trip to l&d go? Any good news?
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 11:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2009